Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I had posted a survey 2 weeks ago
and it's time to post the results!
Unfortunately, I only had 9 people take the survey.
But here are the results anyway!

Q: How old are you?
A: 7 were 18 and under, and 2 were between ages 19-21

Q: Do you think that images of women/girls in the media have a direct result on how women/girls feel about and take care of themselves?
A: 5 said absolutely, and 4 said somewhat

Q: Most models I see in the magazines I read are:
A: 5 said too skinny, 4 said just right

Q: How often do you compare your body to a celebrity's body?
A: 6 said always, 3 said sometimes

Q: I am currently satisfied with my physical image:
A: 1 said not at all, 7 said somewhat satisfied, and 1 said satisfied

Q: How often do you compare your body to a celebrity's body?
A: 5 said all the time, 4 said sometimes

Q: Do you like the image on the left or on the right more?
A: 1 said left, 8 said right
Q: Do you like the image on the left or on the right more?
A: 4 said left, 5 said right

- So what I got from this survey was that girls/women are certainly affected by the models or celebrities they see in magazines. And I wasn't surprised more readers liked the airbrushed photos more than the actual ones because that is what appeals to the eye. However, I did want to make a point with those photos. The photos you see in magazines are more often than not, NOT how they actually look. So the comparing we all do to celebrities is pretty much pointless. That's not actually how they look. Love who you are at all times, and just work on being the best YOU that you can. Because really, that is all you can do - just be the best you :) Remember that everyone has small flaws, and that is what makes this world beautiful & unique.

I'm never going to like my cellulite, but I've got it and there's nothing I can do about it(thanks genes) . Instead of saying "OMG I hate my legs, I hate my cellulite" all the time, which won't do me any good.. I try to stay positive and just accept it. Pretty much every woman has it, and if they don't then wow they got lucky.

Quick fun fact: I love when STAR magazine or other magazines have issues about the best & worst beach bodies, and stars with cellulite. Is it wrong that I like to see their flaws, to just know that they've got some!? I think not :)

Well, enjoy this beautiful day :) Go out and spend some time in the sunshine. Sunshine makes everything better <3

No comments: